A monthly round-up of industry news stories, useful publications, and notable cases of which you should be aware from the preceding month
Welcome to “Because You Need to Know,” XDD’s monthly news round-up. In these posts, we gather together interesting articles, noteworthy cases, new publications, and XDD materials from the preceding month. This post gathers items of interest from August 2018.
Industry News Stories
Interesting topics in the news from August include the importance of custodian interviews, ongoing challenges with GDPR compliance, and some new and future privacy laws in the United States:
- The Importance of Custodian Interviews
- Ongoing Challenges with GDPR Compliance
- New and Future Privacy Laws in the U.S.
New eDiscovery cases discussed in August include:
New industry publications released in August include:
XDD published eight new blog articles, one new practice guide, and one new educational webinar in August:
- Blog Articles
- Technology-Assisted Review Series (ongoing):
- Practice Guide
- Collection Fundamentals – As ESI has become the norm, competence with technology has become an essential part of being an effective legal practitioner, and understanding the technology fundamentals of collection has become essential to fulfilling a lawyer’s duty of technology competence. In this Practice Guide, we discuss collection fundamentals, including: the scope of collection, how data is stored and recovered, available collection tools and methods, the importance of metadata, forensic soundness and chain of custody, and more.
- Educational Webinar
- How to Optimize Managed Document Review with Quality Control to Minimize Errors and Maximize Sleep – Managed Document Review is an integral component of the legal process. Conducted effectively, it can reveal important facts and information vital to a given case. Implemented poorly, it can become more of a detriment than a benefit. In this free webinar, presenter Chris Chapman, XDD Vice President, Managed Review Services, discusses quality control of managed document review, including: how to train and manage review teams to maximize accuracy and efficiency; how to conduct effective QC; and, how to leverage technology and analytics in your QC process.
As always, we welcome your input regarding future topics for our webinars, articles, and white papers. Share your interests with us here.