A monthly round-up of industry news stories, useful publications, and notable cases of which you should be aware from the preceding month
Welcome to “Because You Need to Know,” XDD’s monthly news round-up. In these posts, we gather together interesting articles, noteworthy cases, new publications, and XDD materials from the preceding month. This post gathers items of interest from March 2018.
Industry News Stories
Interesting topics in the news from March include new data privacy developments and new Facebook revelations that have led to new scrutiny of its data handling:
- New Data Privacy Developments
- Facebook Revelations Lead to New Scrutiny
New eDiscovery cases discussed in March include:
New industry publications released in March included:
XDD published seven new blog articles, one new white paper, and one new educational webinar in March:
- Blog Articles
- Collection Fundamentals Series (ongoing):
- Industry News and Recent Cases:
- White Paper
- Taking the Bull by the Horns: eDiscovery Program Management – Beginning proactive management of your overall eDiscovery program can lead to significant increases in efficiency, reductions in cost, and improvements in defensibility. In this free white paper, we discuss a range of program management considerations, including: evaluating and improving readiness; evaluating needs and resources; insourcing, outsourcing, and service models; evaluating potential service providers; useful metrics to track; and, ongoing program maintenance and improvement.
- Educational Webinar
- Advanced Analytics Case Studies: How to Optimize Workflows and ROI – With all the industry jargon out there claiming to streamline workflows, cut costs and save time, it’s no wonder eDiscovery practitioners’ heads (and clients’ alike) start to spin when it comes to applying Advanced Analytics to their reviews and realizing a positive return on investment. In this free educational webinar, XDD Senior Director Relativity Analytics Joshua Tolles, Director Relativity Analytics Chris Powell, and Regional VP Managed Review Services Chris Chapman review a series of case studies illustrating optimal use-cases, tools and methods employed, and returns on investment achieved.
As always, we welcome your input regarding future topics for our webinars, articles, and white papers. Share your interests with us here.