A monthly round-up of industry news stories, useful publications, and notable cases of which you should be aware from the preceding month
Welcome to “Because You Need to Know,” XDD’s monthly news round-up. In these posts, we gather together interesting articles, noteworthy cases, new publications, and XDD materials from the preceding month. This post gathers items of interest from November 2019.
Industry News Stories
Interesting topics in the news from November include source proliferation challenges, cybersecurity concerns, and data privacy developments:
- Source Proliferation Challenges
- Data Privacy Developments
New eDiscovery cases discussed in November include:
New industry publications released in November include:
In November, XDD published six new blog articles, a new podcast episode, and a new educational webinar:
- Blog Articles
- Production Fundamentals Series:
- Spoliation Sanctions Series:
- XDD’s First Chair Podcast
- Episode 07: Liz Letak on Recent Social Media Cases – Each month, XDD’s First Chair podcast invites one or more guest experts to sit down with XDD Director of Education Matthew Verga, JD, for a 20-30 minute conversation about a single, important eDiscovery topic. In our seventh episode, XDD Managing Director of Consulting Services Liz Letak discusses a sampling of recent social media discovery cases and the lessons practitioners can learn from them.
- Educational Webinar
- It’s Elementary: Conducting Effective Forensic Investigations – How effective are your forensic investigations? With a plan that involves the right mix of people, processes and tools, forensic investigations can be a valuable tool, but without one, they can become a costly distraction. In this free, one-hour educational webinar XDD Solutions Architect Curtis Collette and XDD Director of Digital Forensics Yaniv Schiff cover common investigation scenarios and tips for being prepared when the need arises – rather than simply reacting to circumstances.
As always, we welcome your input regarding future topics for our webinars, articles, and white papers. Share your interests with us here.