A monthly round-up of industry news stories, useful publications, and notable cases of which you should be aware from the preceding month
Welcome to “Because You Need to Know,” XDD’s monthly news round-up. In these posts, we gather together interesting articles, noteworthy cases, new publications, and XDD materials from the preceding month. This post gathers items of interest from September 2018.
Industry News Stories
Interesting topics in the news from September include the ramifications of a new copyright directive, the expectedness of text messages, and a new data breach at Facebook:
- The Ramifications of a New Copyright Directive
- The Expectedness of Text Messages
- A New Data Breach at Facebook
New eDiscovery cases discussed in September include:
XDD published four new blog articles and one new educational webinar in September:
- Blog Articles
- Technology-Assisted Review Series:
- Educational Webinar
- Hold On: Get a Grip on Conducting Effective Legal Holds – Legal holds remain a common source of issues for litigants, particularly with regard to the spoliation that can follow an ineffective or nonexistent legal hold and the question of whether reasonable efforts to preserve were taken. In this free educational webinar, XDD Director of Education Matthew Verga, JD, provides guidance on achieving effective legal holds, including discussion of: the duty of preservation and its triggers, the elements of an effective legal hold, processes and policies for effective execution, tools for hold issuance and tracking, and more.
As always, we welcome your input regarding future topics for our webinars, articles, and white papers. Share your interests with us here.