Elevate your Relativity expertise with Xact Data Discovery and kCura in downtown SLC May 4-5
Join Xact Data Discovery (i.e. recent merger with Orange Legal Technologies) and kCura Relativity on May 4-5 for complimentary Happy Hour and Relativity Training in downtown Salt Lake City. Whether you’re a seasoned Relativity user or first time novice exploring the possibilities, this 1.5 day “open-house” style event will provide you with the hands-on training you need to master Relativity in a casual, fun atmosphere.
Feel free to RSVP for our happy hour, training classes or both via the short form below. We look forward to seeing you and your colleagues in early May.
Day 1 – Happy Hour with XDD and kCura at Gallivan Center
Meet the XDD and kCura teams for a casual Happy Hour at Gallivan Center in the plaza area from 5-7 PM on Wednesday May 4th. We’ll be serving beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages and appetizers on the top floor terrace.
- Gallivan Center, upstairs terrace
- 5-7 PM, Wednesday, May 4th
- 239 S Main St., Salt Lake City, UT, 84111
- Beer, wine and non-alcoholic beverages bar
- Appetizer buffet bar
- Engaging conversation
- Casual indoor / outdoor atmosphere
Day 2 – kCura Relativity Training – 2 Tracks
Join us from 9 AM – 2 PM on Thursday May 5th at XDD corporate offices in downtown Salt Lake City for kCura Relativity training classes on a variety of valuable topics. Presented in (2) tracks in “open-house” format, kCura and XDD representatives will provide you with insights, instruction and tips on using kCura Relativity to optimize your eDiscovery review projects.
Relativity Training – Track 1
Taught by Relativity experts Mike Allison and Nikhilesh Balepur, you’ll learn Relativity core features and functions, while focusing on some of the more popular modules including Analytics and CAR / TAR in an open forum, demonstration atmosphere.
- Welcome Introductions – 9:00-9:15 AM
- XDD and Orange Legal Technologies Partnership / Merger
- XDD and Relativity Partnership
- Relativity Overview – 9:15-10:00 AM
- Viewing, redacting, and coding documents
- Searching and filtering
- Data visualization & organization
- Accelerating Review with Relativity Analytics – 10-11 AM
- Narrowing the review set with email threading
- Using near duplicate detection and clustering to enhance QC workflows
- Investigating data sets using keyword expansion and concept searching
- Organizing and prioritizing review on large data sets using clustering and categorization
- Computer Assisted Review – 11 AM -12 PM
- Overview of the technology and workflow
- Best practices
- Defensibility and case law
- Lunch – 12-1 PM – catered lunch brought in
- Relativity in Action -1-2 PM
- How to optimize your workflows for several common review scenarios.
- Ideas forum and open discussion – What’s on your eDiscovery software wish list?
kCura Relativity Trainers
- Nikhilesh Balepur
- Nikhilesh Balepur has 10 years of experience managing legal and technology projects. Nik is well versed in maximizing operational effectiveness for ediscovery. He holds an MBA, and helps Relativity users better understand how to make the most of the platform. Areas of focus include: Legal Hold, Collection, Review & Analytics.
- Mike Allison
- Mike has over 13 years of experience in the legal services industry in various project management, sales, and leadership roles. He is currently a Team Lead on kCura’s Channel Sales Team, and he manages several of kCura’s largest service provider clients, including XACT Data Discovery.
XDD Training – Track 2
In parallel with kCura Track 1 sessions, join XDD subject matter experts Scott Polus and Chris Chapman as they walk you through Forensics / Collections and Managed Review.
- Forensics / Collections – 9-10 AM
- Scott Polus, XDD Forensics Director
- Informed decisions for better budgeting
- Flexibility in preservation and collection
- Anyone, anytime, anywhere, any device
- Managed Review – 10-11 AM
- Chris Chapman, XDD Regional Vice President, Managed Review Services
- Project planning, defining objectives, scope of review
- Database set up, security and workflow
- Email threading, analytics and technology assisted review (TAR)
- Native Redaction Tool – 11 AM – 12 PM
- Lunch – catered lunch brought in
- Open Forum – 1-2 PM
- Scott Polus
- Scott Polus is the Director of Forensic Services at Xact Data Discovery. He has spent nearly a decade in the e-discovery industry, utilizing his technical background and investigation skills to provide effective consultation and project planning.
- Chris Chapman
- Chris Chapman is Regional Vice President, Managed Review Services for XDD. Chris has worked as a litigator since 1997. For the past 6 years, he has worked exclusively in the electronic discovery field as an eDiscovery attorney and document review project manager.
I’m in – Send in my RSVP